Tuesday, June 7, 2011

An Ode of Thanksgiving

Francis Loo | English translation by Iris Lo

God’s Creation 
Lord, thank you for creating the heavens and the earth,
Lord, thank you for creating man and woman,
Lord, thank you for assigning seasons,
Lord, thank you for winter’s chill,
Lord, thank you for the freshness of spring,
Lord, thank you for summer’s green,
Lord, thank you for the leaves of autumn,
Lord, thank you for the birds of the air,
Lord, thank you for the fish in the sea.

God’s Attributes 
Lord, thank you, you are slow to anger,
Lord, thank you, you are compassionate and true,
Lord, thank you, you are righteous and just,
Lord, thank you, you act in justice.

God’s Covenant 
Lord, thank you for your promise to save,
Lord, thank you for your pillar of cloud by day,
Lord, thank you for your pillar of fire by night,
Lord, thank you for our daily bread,
Lord, thank you for providing just what we need,
Lord, thank you for never letting us lack,
Lord, thank you that I am neither rich nor poor.

God’s Providence 
Lord, thank you for the Ten Commandments,
Lord, thank you for not forsaking me,
Lord, thank you for not destroying me,
Lord, thank you for your constant care,
Lord, thank you for the calling of the prophets,
Lord, thank you for your discipline,
Lord, thank you for giving me family,
Lord, thank you for giving me health,
Lord, thank you for giving me a church family,
Lord, thank you for giving me fellowship.

God’s Protection
Lord, thank you for interceding for me,
Lord, thank you for pleading on my behalf,
Lord, thank you for your bountiful grace,
Lord, thank you for acting in righteousness,
Lord, thank you for constantly protecting me,
Lord, thank you for your salvation. 


Praying to God 
Lord, thank you for answered prayers.
Lord, thank you for building me up.
Lord, thank you for awakening my soul.
Lord, thank you for giving me understanding.
Lord, thank you for guiding me on the path of righteousness.
Lord, thank you for teaching me contentment.
Lord, thank you for your presence.
Lord, thank you for the overflowing cup of blessing.
Lord, thank you for a taste of your grace.
Lord, thank you for the ceasing of strife.
Lord, thank you for my revival.
Lord, thank you for strength upon strength.
Lord, thank you for grace upon grace.
 
Thirsting for Truth
Lord, thank you, I thirst for You.
Lord, thank you, I adore You.
Lord, thank you, I think of You.
Lord, thank you, I meditate upon You.

God’s Salvation
Lord, thank you for your wonderful acts.
Lord, thank you for your love and forgiveness.
Lord, thank you for your mercy and grace.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger